Grabbing and Maintaining Attention
Address the following:
- Why is knowing your audience an important part of capturing and maintaining their attention?
- What cultural considerations do you need to take into account for your particular audience/topic?
- How are you going to keep the audience’s attention throughout the speech?
- Find at least one example on YouTube, TEDx, or other video repositories of good attention-getting examples. Post the URL and explain how the video is a good model for capturing the audience’s attention. The video can be on any topic but must be appropriate for sharing.
- Make sure to include a scholarly source to support your points.
- You will need to integrate and cite the video you selected as well as a scholarly source.
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (video and an outside scholarly source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references