Professional Development: IEPs, Inclusion, and Team Teaching
Create a 15-20 slide digital presentation for professional development for general education teachers on the topics of IEPs, inclusive classrooms, and team teaching. Your digital presentation should include graphics that are relevant to the content, visually appealing, and use space appropriately. Address the following within the presentation:
- Explain each major section of an IEP, specifically discuss where teachers can locate accommodations that are needed in the classroom setting.
- Describe what an inclusive classroom setting looks like and when it may be the most beneficial setting for students with disabilities. Include specific examples of students with disabilities being appropriately placed in an inclusive setting.
- Explain the importance of culturally responsive teaching and include three examples of culturally responsive instructional strategies that could be employed in the inclusive classroom setting.
- Describe three team teaching models and discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each.
- Include a title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes.
Support your presentation with a minimum of three scholarly resources.