Participatory Action Research Article
Review the Article Below:
Keller, J. G., Miller, C., LasDulce, C., & Wohrle, R. G. (2021). Using a community-based participatory research model to encourage parental involvement in their children’s schools. Children & Schools, 43(3), 149–158. https://doi.org/10.1093/cs/cdab015
The article takes a participatory action approach. The text lists 7 criteria for participatory action research. How does the project described in the article you selected meet these 7 criteria?
- Social phenomena are influenced by macro-level social influences.
- Social structures and dynamics are contextualized by history
- Theory and practice are simultaneously engaged.
- Dialogue between the subject and the object is transformed into a single subject–subject
- Research and action become a single process
- Community and researcher produce knowledge together for social transformation
- Research results should be immediately applied to a concrete state of affairs.