Leadership and Ethical Decision Making
400–600 words (discussion Board)
Theresa and Mike understand that building the culture they envision for the newly merged company JEANSTYLE requires effective communication, collaboration, and participative problem solving. They envision creating an organization such that Joe and other employees will know exactly what to do when faced with choices that involve ethics. As the first step in embedding clear ethical processes in the organization, they realize they need to devise a code of conduct. Both companies have operated with an unwritten code that was never formalized. You have been asked to help them understand the purpose and content of an excellent code of conduct and how they should go about developing it.
Review the scenario for this course, and answer the following questions:
- What is the purpose of a code of conduct?
- Evaluate the code of conduct of Levi Strauss, and describe the ethical principles it includes.
- In your own work experience, have you seen similar ethical principles used in organizations and, if so, which ones?
4 to 6 pages (Individual Project)
Theresa and Mike fully support creating a code of conduct for the newly merged JEANSTYLE organization. They have asked you to recommend how they should approach the development of the code of conduct, especially given the need to merge the companies into one team with a shared mission, vision, and values. They are interested in knowing how the code of conduct will help establish the new organizational culture of JEANSTYLE.
Review the scenario for this course, and address the following questions:
- What set of steps should be used to create the code of conduct?
- What topics should be included in the code of conduct?
- What impact does a code of conduct have on an organization’s culture?
Access the assignment template.