Vila Health: Creating a Safety Plan
Review the Vila Health scenario and complete the interviews with staff at Vila Health Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF). After completing the scenario, you will update the patient safety plan for the SNF and present it to the executive team. The safety plan will include meeting accrediting body requirements as well as regulatory obligations. The plan must be based on evidenced-based best practices and include tools, approaches, and mechanisms for reporting, tracking, and reducing patient safety incidents.
After reviewing the Vila Health scenario, present your findings to the executive team at Vila Health by creating a 15-20 slide PowerPoint presentation. To be successful in this assignment, ensure you complete the following steps:
- Research the health care organization’s (Vila Health SNF) safety plan and propose recommendations to ensure the successes of their best practices.
- Assess and propose how to link health care safety goals to those of the organizational strategic plan in order to create and sustain an organization-wide safety culture.
- Analyze evidence-based practices within the organization’s health care safety program, including falls prevention, medication errors, or others.
- Establish protocols to identify and monitor patients who qualify for being at risk for falls, readmission, suicide, or others.
- Develop mechanisms to coordinate and integrate risk management approaches into the organization’s health care safety strategy.
- Create mechanisms and tools as monitors for patients identified for being at risk.
- Create ongoing evaluation procedures that provide continuous safe, quality patient care, and sustained compliance with evidence-based practices, professional standards, and regulations.
Your presentation should meet the following requirements:
- Length: 15â€“20 slide PowerPoint presentation, excluding the cover slide and references list. Include slide numbers, headings, and running headers.
- References: 3â€“5 current peer-reviewed references.
- Format: Use current APA style and formatting, for citations and references.
- Font and font size: Fonts and styles used should be consistent throughout the presentation, including headings.