Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership® Model (Links to an external site.), read the Transformational Leadership Can Improve Workforce Competencies (Links to an external site.) article and watch the Week 5 Assignment video above with Dr. Williams G. Woods of Forbes School of Business and Technology.
As a leader, it is beneficial to have a core set of practices that can be effective in routine times and also during difficult or very challenging times. The leadership practices by Kouzes and Posner are based upon the transformational leadership model. Organizational leaders must plan to continually improve as leaders while also seeking to improve the performance of other leadership team members and of the rest of the organization. Adopting guiding principles or practices can help in the planning phases for leading when hard times occur.
In your paper,
- Analyze a difficult leadership situation in the business world that has impacted a company or companies.
- Develop a plan for positively increasing the performance of the organization, the leadership, and the teams within the organization using the five practices of exemplary leadership as developed by Kouzes and Posner.
The Leadership in Hard Times paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.