Final Assessment: Mental Health Education Program
Proposing a mental health education or promotion program on any topic of interest in mental health. Students will pretend to present the information to the executive committee of any local or national organization providing mental health services. You can select any population and disorder You can select any population and disorder (i.e., young adults african american females, between the ages of 17 – 25 diagnosed with schizophrenia).
students will use the following template for submitting the written proposal.
- Identify an actual target population served by any local or national organization providing mental health services. Include race, class, gender, socio-economic status, age group, specific disorder overview, and the anticipated number of participants.
- Identify and explain the assessment tool you will use to identify the selected population baseline for participating in the program. Provide a copy or link to the assessment tool. Discuss the cultural implications of using the assessment tool.
- Identify two goals with two interventions. Create goals that change knowledge, beliefs, attitudes, and/or behaviors.
- Select an educational approach and the length of the program (i.e., lecture, group discussion, role-playing, open forums, demonstrations, etc.
- In your written proposal, explain why you choose this approach?
- Give an example using one of your identified interventions and provide as much detail as needed that someone else could complete the intervention for you.
- Select a tool for evaluating the success of the program. (i.e., Questionnaire, pre/post participant survey) Provide a copy of the sample evaluation form.