Cultural Effect of Technology
Technology use affects the culture of a school campus. As a leader, create a technology plan that aligns to the mission and vision of the school, while maintaining student achievement as the desired outcome. For this assignment, you will have the opportunity to observe and collect anecdotal data on technology use.
Allocate at least 2 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Informally walk through 5-10 classrooms and observe how technology is incorporated within the curriculum and instruction. Consider how the use of technology affects the culture of the classroom and school. Have a collaborative discussion with your principal mentor about your observations, and how he or she plans for the use of technology. Include the following in your discussion:
- How is technology used in curriculum and instruction? Is the technology accessible for all? Does the technology promote participation in local, national, and global learning communities? Does it stimulate innovation, creativity, and digital age collaboration?
- How does leadership create a vision and plan for the use of technology?
- How are faculty and staff skills developed for using and integrating technology?
- How do faculty and staff ensure the safe use of technology?
- How does the use (or non-use) of technology affect the culture in individual classrooms and the school as a whole?
Use any remaining field experience hours to observe or assist the principal mentor.
After the field experience, complete a 500-750 word reflection on your observations and discussion. Incorporate the ISTE Standards for Education Leaders and describe how you will apply what you have learned to your future professional practice.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and PSEL standards should be referenced using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.