internet of things and farming (short answer)
For this writing assignment, choose one of the two short answer prompts below and write a two-page, double-spaced paper addressing the questions/topics listed.
Option 1: Based on what you’ve learned in this module, answer the following questions on a two-page, double-spaced paper, and explain your answers:
- What do you think will happen as more and more technology is used in the agriculture industry? Will it create a gap between wealthy farmers and those who don’t have a lot of money?
- What about food waste? Based on what you’ve learned in this module, do you think IoT technologies could do more to reduce the quantity of food being wasted? Just like 17-year-old Priya Mittal who created the GoGreen app, come up with an idea for a product or application that would help reduce waste. Explain how your idea would achieve that goal.
Option 2: Video Analysis: Choose one of the agtech TEDTalks(opens in a new tab) mentioned in Reading 5. Answer the following questions:
- What technology or idea is being presented in the talk? What problem or issue are they discussing or proposing solutions to? Summarize this in your own words.
- What elements of IoT technology (if any) are mentioned or relied upon for the technologies mentioned to work?
- What parts of the presentation were most persuasive? What parts left you confused or unsure?