internect of thing and cars (short answer)
For this writing assignment, choose one of the three short-answer prompts below and write a two-page, double-spaced paper addressing the questions/topics listed.
1. Career Exploration: Visit the career section of Google’s Waymo project, or choose a job listed in this article. Choose a position that sounds interesting and answer the following questions/prompts:
- Write a summary of the job description
- What are the requirements of the job in terms of education, experience, and language?
- What steps would you have to take to secure that position in the future?
2. Book, Movie, or TV review: With the approval of a parent or guardian, find a book, movie, or TV show to read or watch, which features a driverless vehicle (you can find plenty of ideas here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_car#In_fiction) and answer the following questions.
- How is the driverless car being used?
- What technologies are mentioned or used with the driverless car? If none are specifically mentioned, what technologies do you think are used (or are implied)?
- Is the driverless car portrayed positively or negatively?
- What are the riders doing in the car while it is driving them?
3. Article critical review: The following article gives a comparison of LIDAR and RADAR technologies. (http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/16916/lidar-vs-radar-pros-and-cons-of-different-autonomous-driving-technologies(opens in a new tab)) Review the article and answer the following questions:
- What is a new aspect of LIDAR or RADAR technology that you learned in this article
- Find 2 words that you were unfamiliar with before reading this article and look up their definition.
- What is the author’s conclusion? What fact does he or she use to support the conclusion? Do you agree or disagree, and why?