Music and Social-Emotional Learning in Young Children
1. View the video: The Story of My Feelings video by Laurie Berknerhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zQJyL821IcLinks to an external site.
2, David Kisor videos (2)
“I Can Settle Down”- with artist performing with children-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00oTeEJmd4ULinks to an external site.
“Stop and Think”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4QCx2h7pJs
3. “Hero” by SteveSongs–I have used this story-song with children as young as 4 and 5 and it has made an impact https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLke8TWmrmk
4. “Belly Breathe” by Elmo, Common and Colbie Caillathttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mZbzDOpylALinks to an external site.
After you have viewed and listened to the following resources, answer the following for each resource (a total of 5):
1. What age group range would this resource be appropriate for? If not sure, take a best guess or estimate,
2. What social or emotional skills are being addressed in this resource? Elaborate and explain. You can see the two lists above it this is helpful.