The legislative process and healthcare lobbying
describe the legislative process and the role of the nurse as a healthcare policy advocate. Your paper will consist of two parts:
- A clear and complete discussion of the legislative process
- You will choose one of the political issues listed in Burkhardt & Nathaniel on pages 392-393
- Tie that political issue to current legislation being debated in your own state’s house or senate
- Describe both sides of that issue – for and against – clearly and thoroughly
- Explain your own position, and explain why using research-based fact, not just your own opinion.
Make sure you also include a clear, separate introduction and conclusion as a part of this assignment, as these are worth separate points on the grading rubric.
NOTE: Please avoid the following topics, as these do not demonstrate research into current legislation in health care and are more “hot button” issues that do not often result in a strong paper:
- Staffing ratios/mandatory overtime
- Physician assisted suicide
ReferencesMinimum of four (4) total references: two (2) references from required course materials and two (2) peer-reviewed references. All references must be no older than five years (unless making a specific point using a seminal piece of information)Peer-reviewed references include references from professional data bases such as PubMed or CINHAL applicable to population and practice area, along with evidence based clinical practice guidelines. Examples of unacceptable references are Wikipedia, UpToDate, Epocrates, Medscape, WebMD, hospital organizations, insurance recommendations, & secondary clinical databases.assignment must follow APA 6th edition formatting, citations and references.
Must be a minimum of 600 words, plagiarism will not be accepted Paper will be turned into an online site to detect plagerismn any plagerism will not be accepted at all Please follow all instructions in above message as well as the RUBRIC and DETAILED ASSIGNMENT instructions I will attach as a file bellow … paper must follow rubric format as well as detailed assignment instruction I have also attached APA 6th addition example to follow