Respond to two students discussion posts
I need two reply posts for the students post I have attached. I have also attached the instructions for the original initial posts for reference. The instructions for the reply posts are within those as well. I highlighted those though.
Week One Discussion: Intrusion Case Analysis
Discussion Board Overview
- Read the case Deteresa v. ABC (9th Cir. 1997)
- Examine the questions below, and craft one initial post and at least two response posts
Discussion Board Goals
- Recognize trespass and limitations in regard to accessing private property
- Determine methods to avoid being accused of intrusion offenses
- Recognize when to prepare video, photo, and audio release forms
Initial post (at least 400 words of thoughtful analysis):
Read the case, Deteresa v. ABC (9th Cir. 1997), and answer the following questions. Upload your post to the Week One Discussion Board on FSO.
- Did Anthony Radziwill show his press credentials when he approached the front door of Beverly Deteresa?
- What did Deteresa tell Radziwill?
- Where was the camera crew when they taped the conversation?
- What did Deteresa do when she found out she was recorded without her approval and that ABC did not need her permission to air the footage?
- Why was Radziwill/ABC not held liable for the following: (1) unlawful eavesdropping on or recording of confidential communications; (2) physical intrusion on solitude or into private affairs; (3) violation of federal eavesdropping statute; (4) fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud?
- Do you think it made a difference in the outcome that ABC only aired 5 seconds of the videotape but never broadcast the audiotape?
- What would you have done differently to avoid the lawsuit?
Response post (at least 100 words per response):
Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts, using the RISE model as your guide – Reflect, Inquire, Suggest, and Elevate.
Discussion due Dates and Guidelines
- Response post must be at least 100 words per response
- Any outside sources must be properly cited
- Check for spelling and grammar errors before uploading your posts