You are now switching gears to assess and examine your organization determining the issues and providing root causes for those issues. Your workplace serves as an example for this Milestone. Often when issues arise in an organization, they will benchmark other organizations. The expectation is to identify 1- 2 issues and discuss the root causes of those issues. You also need to examine those issues, from a human behavior perspective, the impact of poorly aligned theories and concepts. Note, in Milestone 4; you are not giving suggestions and recommendations to address the issues that will be a part of the final portion you will have to do for the final project. If you do, points will be deducted. Again, for the final portion due in Week 9, you will provide improvement outcomes/suggestions for your organization and recommended strategic actions as well as write a conclusion for the entire paper/project. Do not provide this information in Milestone 4. More information/reminders on that will come later. As a point of reference, Milestone 4 is similar to Milestone 2, the same concept, but for your organization. Please review the assignment details and rubric.
This is the only section you can include an introduction.
Sample outline for Workplace Analysis
- Introduction of your organization (no more than 1 para is needed-4 sentences)
- Organizational issue 1 (Details of the issue with the behavioral aspects) Use research outside your textbook.
- Root cause 1 with Human Behavior perspective (name a theory or concept, use research outside your textbook)
- Impact 1 with Human Behavior perspective (name a theory or concept, use research outside your textbook)
- Organizational issue 2 (see notes above for issue 1)
- Root cause 2 with Human Behavior perspective (see notes above for issue 1)
- Impact 2 with Human Behavior perspective (see notes above for issue 1)
Again, please no suggestions or recommendations and Points will be deducted if you include that information in this section.
Textbook: Newstrom, J. W. (2015). Organizational Behavior: Human behavior at work. New York:McGraw-Hill