Create a professional, well-developed report, titled, risk management plan that includes the combination of Task 1, 2, and 3
You are an information technology (IT) intern working for Health Network, Inc. (Health Network), a fictitious health services organization headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Health Network has over 600 employees throughout the organization and generates $500 million USD in annual revenue. The company has two additional locations in Portland, Oregon and Arlington, Virginia, which support a mix of corporate operations. Each corporate facility is located near a co-location data center, where production systems are located and managed by third-party data center hosting vendors.
Information Technology Infrastructure Overview
Health Network operates in three production data centers that provide high availability across the company’s products. The data centers host about 1,000 production servers, and Health Network maintains 650 corporate laptops and company-issued mobile devices for its employees.
Upon review of the current risk management plan, the following threats were identified:
- Loss of company data due to hardware being removed from production systems
- Loss of company information on lost or stolen company-owned assets, such as mobile devices and laptops
- Loss of customers due to production outages caused by various events, such as natural disasters, change management, unstable software, and so on
- Internet threats due to company products being accessible on the Internet
- Insider threats
- Changes in regulatory landscape that may impact operations
Senior management at Health Network has determined that the existing risk management plan for the organization is out of date and a new risk management plan must be developed. Because of the importance of risk management to the organization, senior management is committed to and supportive of the project to develop a new plan. You have been assigned to develop this new plan.
Additional threats other than those described previously may be discovered when re-evaluating the current threat landscape during the risk assessment phase.
The budget for this project has not been defined due to senior management’s desire to react to any and all material risks that are identified within the new plan. Given the company’s annual revenue, reasonable expectations can be determined.
Project Part 1 Task 1: Risk Management Plan
For the first part of the assigned project, you must create an initial draft of the final risk management plan. To do so, you must:
- Develop and provide an introduction to the plan by explaining its purpose and importance.
- Create an outline for the completed risk management plan.
- Define the scope and boundaries of the plan.
- Research and summarize compliance laws and regulations that pertain to the organization.
- Identify the key roles and responsibilities of individuals and departments within the organization as they pertain to risk management.
- Develop a proposed schedule for the risk management planning process.
- Create a professional report detailing the information above as an initial draft of the risk management plan.
Write an initial draft of the risk management plan as detailed in the instructions above. Your plan should be made using a standard word processor format compatible with Microsoft Word.
Project Part 1 Task 2: Risk Assessment Plan
After creating an initial draft of the risk management plan, the second part of the assigned project requires you to create a draft of the risk assessment (RA) plan. To do so, you must:
- Develop an introduction to the plan explaining its purpose and importance.
- Create an outline for the RA plan.
- Define the scope and boundaries for the RA plan.
- Research and summarize RA approaches.
- Identify the key roles and responsibilities of individuals and departments within the organization as they pertain to risk assessment.
- Create a professional report detailing the information above as an initial draft of the RA plan.
Project Part 1 Task 3: Risk Mitigation Plan
Senior management at Health Network allocated funds to support a risk mitigation plan and have requested that the risk manager and team create a plan in response to the deliverables produced within the earlier phases of the project. The risk mitigation plan should address the identified threats described in the scenario for this project, as well as any new threats that may have been discovered during the risk assessment. You have been assigned to develop this new plan.
All Group project submissions should follow this format:
- Microsoft Word or compatible for Risk Management Report, Font: Arial, 10-point, double-space for Microsoft report submission.
- Citation Style: APA Style
- Atleast 10 pages report
- 10 slides – PowerPoint for Presentation
A section titled Introduction discussing the purpose of the plan. You must include details from the scenario, above, describing the environment.10 points.
A section titled Scope and Methodology discussing the scope and risk assessment methodology leverage for the development of the plan. 10 points
A section, titled Compliance Laws and Regulations.Using the information in the scenario provided above, discuss regulations and laws with which Health Network must comply. 30 points
A section, titled Risk Mitigation Plan & Timeline, that discusses the threats identified in the scenario and your proposed mitigations roadmap with timelines as well as any new threats.30 points.
A section, titled Roles and Responsibilities, that will discuss the different individuals and departments who will be responsible for risk management within the organization (this was presented in your textbook). 20 points