Answer the Following questions individually and with No Plagiarism | Computer Networking
- Why are standards important for protocols?
- What advantages does TDM have over FDM in a circuit-switched network?
sending a packet from a source host to a destination host over a fixed
route. List the delay components in the end-to-end delay. Which of these
delays are constant and which are variable?
- List the five layers in the Internet protocol stack and the principal responsibilities of each of these layers.
- What is an application-layer message? A transport-layer segment? A network- layer datagram? A link-layer frame?
- Describe multiplexing in terms of channel selection and how it is used for DSL and Cable Internet access.
- What is the difference between Network and Application Architecture?
- For a communication session between a pair of processes, which process is the client and which is the server?
- If you wanted to do a transaction from a remote client to a server as fast as possible. Would you use TCP or UDP and why?
- What layer does SSL operate at? As a developer, what would you have to do to enhance TCP with SSL?
- Why do HTTP, SMTP and POP3 use TCP instead of UDP
the user’s perspective, what is the difference in email (POP3) when you
use a “download and delete” versus a “download and keep” mode?
- Why would UDP server only need one socket and a TCP server need 2 sockets?
an HTTP client that wants to retrieve a Web document at a given URL.
The IP address of the HTTP server is initially unknown. What transport
and application-layer protocols besides HTTP are needed in this