Week 7 Case study 2 original
Case Study 2: Collaboration Systems at Isuzu Australia Limited
Due Week 7 and worth 150 points
Read the case study in Chapter 12 of the Bidgoli textbook titled “Collaboration Systems at Isuzu Australia Limited”.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Summarize the main reason(s) that prompted Isuzu Australia Limited (IAL) to use collaboration technologies.
- Identify the platform that IAL chose as an online portal and content management system, and describe the main reason(s) why IAL chose such a specific platform.
- Discuss the significant attributes of a wiki, and describe the overall manner in which IAL uses wikis for its internal collaboration.
- Speculate on the main challenges that IAL could face when implementing groupware, and suggest one (1) step that IAL could take in order to mitigate the challenges in question.
- Use at least three (3) quality reference. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources. Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify emerging technologies that enable new forms of communication, collaboration, and partnering.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about management information systems using proper writing mechanics.