UoM Recruitment and Selection as a Core Elements of HR Practice Essay
Word Limit: 3500 words (exclude the references page)
Assignments should be word processed: 12pt font size, with 1.5 or double line spacing
Answer ONE of the following questions:
1. WURO PATUJI is a limited liability company quoted in the London Stock market and Hong Kong Stock market. It has a total of 500 employees. Following the high worldwide demand for its electronic consumer goods, the company developed a vision and strategy for quadrupling its operation in the next 10 years. Advise the company on how it can develop its human resource plan to achieve its vision. Use human resource planning stages as a template for your advice. Also highlight the challenges it might face in the process. Use a minimum of 10 references as well as examples to illustrate your points.
2. Critically evaluate the stages of recruitment and selection as one of the core elements of HR practice. You are expected to highlight the challenges an organization might face during COVID-19 pandemic at every stage of the process and how it can mitigate them. Use a minimum of 10 references as well as examples to illustrate your points.
3. You are an HR business partner in a large organization. You have been asked by your CEO to design a training and development programme for health and safety during COVID-19 pandemic. Using systematic training model, demonstrate how you will undertake this task. Use a minimum of 10 references as well as examples to illustrate your points.
4. SAURA is a high-flying company. As an HR business partner in the company, you have been approached by line managers seeking advice on how to attract and keep highly talented employees in a high employment economic environment. Demonstrate your knowledge of the concept of Total Reward System to advise the line managers pertaining to the attraction and retention of talent in a high employment economic environment. Feel free to use any reasonable scenario to support your proposal for the effective reward system. Use a minimum of 10 references as well as examples to illustrate your points.
5. As an HR expert, you are charged with the task of developing the organization’s HR COVID-19 policies. Choose one policy area and produce a detailed COVID-19 policy to guide line managers pertaining to managing employees during COVID-19 pandemic. Provide rationale for your suggestions. Feel free to use any reasonable scenario to back your proposal for the chosen HR policy. Use a minimum of 10 references as well as examples to illustrate your points.
*** I uploaded the guidelines for the assignment below. And please remember the content in the screenshot when you work on the essay, this is the email I received from my professor.