Positive Psychology Journal Submission One
For this assignment, refer to your journal entries for the Positive Psychology Journal activities you completed in Sections 1–3 of the Positive Psychology Journal media piece. Organize your paper using the headings listed below to be sure you address each of the elements of this written assignment. Use the APA Paper Template, available in the Resources, to properly format your assignment.
Journal Activity Summary
- List each journal activity (for example, 1.1 PERMA Assessment) you completed for this assignment.
- Include a very brief description of each activity with in-text citations and references as needed to identify the location or source of the activity or additional resources.
- Summarize and explain your personal reflections and insights to demonstrate what you learned from each of these experiential learning activities. (As an experiential learner, developing insights is something you must actively work to ensure.)
- Describe how these experiential activities or the character strengths they represent are related to optimal human functioning.
Application to Personal, Professional, or Social Issues
- Summarize how what you learned from the activities and the study of character strengths for this assignment may be applied to personal issues in your life, professional issues as in an educational or work setting, or social issues such as aging, mental health versus mental illness, and happiness and well-being.
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses (advantages and disadvantages, pros and cons) of applying what you learned or the character strengths studied to the personal, professional, or social issues.
- Include supportive research findings related to these topics (1–2 scholarly resources).
- Be sure to cite all scholarly sources where appropriate. Your writing should be scholarly and professional, using proper APA formatting and style.
Your assignment will be scored on the following criteria:
- Explain reflections and insights related to experiential learning activities.
- Describe the relationship between experiential activities or character strengths and optimal human functioning.
- Summarize how the study of character strengths may be applied to personal, professional, or social issues.
- Analyze strengths and weaknesses of applying character strengths to the personal, professional, or social issues.
- Support analysis with research findings related to topics or issues.
- Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a psychology professional.
See the Positive Psychology Journal Submission One Scoring Guide for more details.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length: Your paper should be 3–4 typed and double-spaced pages, not including cover sheet and reference page.
- References: Your paper should include 1–2 properly cited scholarly resources.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
- Toggle Drawer
Perseverance in Higher Education
In order to be successful in achieving your academic goals, you must persevere when challenged by obstacles in life. You may do poorly on a quiz or a written assignment, or you may have personal or professional setbacks that interfere with your participation in your course work. At those times you may doubt yourself or your goals. Discuss the following:
- How is courage related to perseverance when it comes to achieving your academic goals in higher education?
- Describe a time when you had a setback in your college education yet you persevered. How did you do that? How did you change your thinking and your actions, or get support from someone else?
- What is the role of fear and doubt in perseverance and courage?
Be sure to incorporate course readings and resources into your discussion.
Respond to the posts of at least two other learners. Responses should be thoughtful, respectful, and move the discussion forward by asking questions or offering different perspectives. Incorporate course resources into your discussion as appropriate.