Network Security Plan
The NetWay Corporation is a new startup that wishes to sell their new phone, called
NetWayPhone, to the public. NetWayPhone plans to offer two options. 1) a secure
version of the phone designed for business organizations called the NetWayPhone
B+, and 2) a highly secure version of the phone designed for the government, called
the NetWayPhone G+.
Due to the fear of corporate espionage and government security requirements, there
are many security concerns that must be addressed. As a network security
professional, you have been employed to design a network infrastructure for their
two campuses located in Atlanta and Cincinnati based upon the following
1. There needs to be a constant connection between the two locations that can
carry at least 50 Mbps of data.
2. Each facility has three floors. The buildings are rectangular with each floor
3. There will be 200 network connections on each floor with an additional 100
network connections in the data centers located on the third floor of each
4. The primary data center will be located at the Atlanta location.
5. There will be a failover data center at the Cincinnati location.
6. Each location should be protected from intrusions that are not limited to
state change attacks.
7. The Atlanta location will house the two secure development teams. As such,
it will need the greater level of security. The primary database servers and
the corporate Web servers will be housed at that location as well.
8. Database servers will also be located at the Cincinnati site as well.
9. All servers must have redundancy.
10. The solution must have a plan to verify security measures.
Your task is to develop a report addressing the details of the secure network
infrastructure design that meets the requirements above. Your submission must
address the following items. Please provide as much details as possible. Please make
sure that while addressing these points, your discussion must be specific to the case
scenario given and it must not be discussed in generic terms. In other words, make
sure that you directly address all the following points
1. Create a network drawing, specific to NetWay Corporation, listing the
network’s topology including any necessary hardware. Your drawing must be
detailed enough and show how the topology is interconnected. Viewing this
diagram should give the reader detailed understanding about the NetWay
network environment including devices and device locations.
2. Your network diagram must be drawn professionally and you must discuss
your drawing and justify your choices. Please don’t submit your drawing
without a detailed discussion of all of its aspects
3. Address any recommended cabling for this installation.
4. Recommend wiring closets for both campuses and their configuration
wherever you determine they are needed.
5. Recommend ways to ensure that the network is safe from being attacked.
Discuss what measures and installations are required in terms of firewalls,
IDS, Anti-Virus software or other measures as you see appropriate.
6. Make recommendations for laying traps to stop attackers and prevent
damage to the NetWay network infrastructure.
7. Include recommendations for WAN connections that takes into
considerations the geographical factor of the two locations.
8. Include recommendations for wireless technology and the type of wireless
communications to be used in both locations.
9. Include recommendations for any technology needed in the data center for
10. Justify your recommendations with external sources referenced using APA