Assignment 3: Crime Prevention
Understanding Crime Prevention
The purpose of this assignment is to identify and describe the major components of crime prevention. Through this assignment, you will show your understanding of crime prevention by developing your own definition of crime prevention, by defining and describing how crime prevention works with the Criminal Justice System, and by identifying how and why crime prevention programs are used.
For this assignment, write a 700- to 1,050-word descriptive essay on the major components of crime prevention.
Include the following in your essay:
- Your definition of crime prevention. Using definitions, you can research via the textbook and outside resources, and give YOUR idea what Crime Prevention means to you.
- The relationship of crime prevention to the Criminal Justice System.
- Two or more institutions through which crime prevention programs and practices are delivered.
- Examples to support your discussion.
Cite a minimum of three sources within the body of your paper, using in-text citations where appropriate.
Note: You may consult the Library, the Internet, the textbook, other course material, and any other outside resources in supporting your task, using proper citations in 6th edition APA formatting and citation style.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
- Include a title page and references page in 10 – 12-point font (Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman are acceptable)
- Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained
- Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
- Appropriate 6th edition APA formatting and citation style should be followed
You should also make sure to:
- Include a title page with full name, class name, section number, and date
- Include an introductory and concluding paragraph and demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English
- Use examples to support your discussion
- Cite all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cite within the body of your paper using APA format and citation style. For more information on APA guidelines, visit APA Style Central.