construct an introduction and background
Your assignment is to construct an introduction and background to your topic There is an alarming rate of students dropping out of high school in the United States of America.Follow this outline to address required components:
Please no plagerism, no copy and paste, only credible sources articles. I have attached my topic presented in the problem and purpose statements.
- Include an introduction heading
- Begin by briefly describing your topic to establish the main ideas and context.
- Next, orient the reader to the basic concepts about your topic presented in the problem and purpose statements.
- Next, describe the facts and relevant context as a foundation leading to the study problem and purpose. Focusing on your area of research interest, briefly laying the groundwork for what has been done in the area and why the area is of important social or practical concern, or of theoretical interest.
- Last, present an overview explaining why this research topic is currently of interest.
- Include appropriate, recent, and scholarly sources to support each assertion.
Support your assignment with at least five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 4 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
topic presented in the problem and purpose statements.
There is an alarming rate of students dropping out of high school in the United States of America. Every year, it is estimated that over 1.2 million students fall victims of school dropouts. This number can be narrowed down to be every month, weekly basis, daily basis, hourly basis, and even in terms of every minute and second. The United States of America is among the developed nations in the world, and when such rate is experienced every year, then it means there is a much bigger problem or a much more significant proportion of high school students dropping out of school in the developing nations (Liftoff, 2017). It is based on such premises that this researcher is developed to find out the root cause of such drop out level and if possible, provide accurate recommendations to curb such menace.
Over the decades, the number of students dropping out of high school within the United States of America has been associated with culture, ethnicity, and race. The dominant groups who are mostly affected by this vice include the African-Americans who have coexisted within the State for decades.The African-Americas drop out rate was 56%and the Hispanics drop out rate is 54%.This means that there are many more African-Americans who are affected by the vice of dropping out of school than any other race within the States. The other problem associated with such ethic groups and the level of income. Level of income and the type of occupation which such an income is obtained have a significant influence on the students’ lives. There are specific wage brackets that are mostly affected compared to another wage bracket, for example, those receiving less than $20,241 are mostly affected as per the reports of the U.S census (BRESLOW, 2012).
There are a lot of controversies among the blacks in and America and native America. A lot of discriminations are witnessed, and the most targeted groups are the blacks. Terrorism, for example, is a world-historical problem, and many nations are affected. The participants in the terrorism act are not necessarily the blacks. However, comments from the government and the senior officials in leadership mostly see the act of terrorism as a factor brought about by too many black immigrants within the United States soils (Struyk, 2017). The problem in this research is racism and its effects within the United States. The starting point for analyzing this problem starts from looking at the people in the positions of leadership who are mostly the politicians and the ambassadors provided with the mandate facilitating the state duties outside their states of origin. In the provision of their services, the blacks are on many occasions, looked down upon and are never a priority in service provision. There are many forms through which such discriminatory activities are carried out. Some are psychological while others are physical and that the victims can observe them.
- What are the root cause of drop out level
- What are the determinants of racism within the United States?
- Why areBlacks the most targeted groups
- Why are blacks looked down upon and are never a priority in service provision.
- What are other ethnic groups affected other than the blacks?
- What is the identifying the variables that have a direct or indirect impact on students and their desire to drop out of school.
- What is the relationship between highlighted methods and the problem at hand.
The purpose of this research is to determine the theories and myths that explain the motives behind high school students dropping out of school. It intends to explore more about the phenomenon and the grounded theories behind the school dropouts and to explain the relationship between highlighted methods and the problem at hand. The purpose of this research is to document the results of the causal experiment conducted with all participants in this research. Lastly, it focuses on identifying the variables that have a direct or indirect impact on students and their desire to drop out of school.
- What is the significant variable contributing to dropping out of school by students?
- What are the determinants causing the students to drop out of school?
- What is the relationship between gender and the rate of dropping out of school?
- What is the relationship between age and the rate of dropping out of school?
- What is the possible solution towards reducing the rate of school dropouts?
- What are the cultural practices within the U.S that might contribute to dropping out of school by students?
- What is the relationship between race and the level of school dropout in the United States?
- What is the relationship between the level of income and the rate of school dropout in high school?
- What the possible approaches that can be to bridge the gap?
BRESLOW, J. M. (2012, September 21). By the Numbers: Dropping Out of High School.Retrieved from PBS: https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/by-the-…
Liftoff, L. (2017, January 23). Why Kids Drop out of High School and How to Prevent It.Retrieved from Learning Lift Off: https://www.learningliftoff.com/why-kids-drop-out-…
Struyk, R. (2017, August 18). Blacks and whites see racism in the United States very, very differently. Retrieved from CNN Politics: https://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/16/politics/blacks…