Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the course discussions so far and any insights gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources if needed, use APA style as required, and check your spelling.
Roy and Neuman
Create a PowerPoint presentation that addresses each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with at least one (1) source and the textbook using APA citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to cite the sources using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
Create a PowerPoint Presentation to discuss the following…
Sgt. Eddie Johns leaned back against the chair in the outpatient orthopedic clinic. His head was killing him! He wasn’t sure which was worse, the “morning after” headache or not being able to sleep at night. At least when he had a few beers under his belt so he could catch a few hours of sleep. It had been like this since he was air evacuated back stateside from Afghanistan after the roadside bomb went off. He was thankful that he had only broken his leg in a couple of places and gotten a bad bump on the head. They called that traumatic brain injury but he didn’t know what that was and really didn’t believe them anyway. He was still thinking just fine. His friend Joe wasn’t so lucky! How was Joe going to learn to walk on those artificial legs? He was still in the hospital in Washington, DC. That was pretty far from his home. Eddie wished he could visit Joe. They had been in the same platoon for 9 months. But, Eddie was glad that he had been able to come back to his own home town for outpatient treatment. It took an hour to get here but at least he could see his girl almost every day. Sure he had moved back in with his mom but it was easier to have someone to help him get around and cook for him. It was a bummer that he couldn’t work right now. He guessed it didn’t matter much since he really didn’t have a job to go back to. He had been replaced at the plant. They said they would find something for him to do once he could get around more easily. Eddie sure hoped the doc would take the pins out of his leg today and give him a clearance to work.
- How would the use of the Roy Adaptation Model assist the nurse in planning the continuation of care for Sgt. Johns?
- Describe the influence of Roy’s Theory in guiding the nurse’s actions in promoting Sgt. Johns adjusted self-concept.
- From the perspective of the Roy Adaptation Model, why is it important for the nurse to listen to Sgt. Johns’ “story” in his own words and not just base her interactions on information from the chart, fellow colleagues, or his family?
- Based on Neuman System’s Model, identify at least 4 stressors from the case study. Create a plan of care based on Neuman Systems Model for Sgt. Johns.
Length: 10-15 slides
Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, reference slide in APA format. Title/Objective/Reference slides do not count towards the minimum slide count for this assignment.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of one (1) outside scholarly sources and the textbook are required for this assignment.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft PPT document (.pptx) or a PDF document (.pdf)