Gross Negligence in Nursing Field and Disciplinary Action
Gross Negligence: An extreme departure from the standard of practice for RNs. An extreme departure means the repeated failure to provide the required nursing care or failure to provide care or exercise precaution in a single situation which the nurse knew, or should have known, could result in patient harm.
* Write 5 pages using the APA format for health care professionals. The title page and reference list are not included in the maximal number of pages. The APA format is a guideline for scholarly written documents and is the format you will be using as you continue your education in healthcare.
* The basic APA documentation and format is acceptable for this assignment. Jane E. Aaron, Essential Handbook for Writes has the basic concepts included for APA. ISBN # 0-321-20-257-0 is another example. (Attached)
* Complete a reference list with at least five professional, researched based references in APA format. Web sites such as Mayo clinic, WebMD etc, are not professional references for college papers.
For this essay I would like examples given about nursing negligence in the hospital and how it was taken care of (consequences, how it was dealt with, the outcome).
1. Definition the gross negligence.
2. Description of five consequences of the issue
3. Citation of the data from three or more scholarly sources to support importance of the issue
4. Addressing the challenges and consequences of being negligent.
5. 1 or 2 strategies to solve the issue
6. Your personal thoughts on the severity of the problem as your introduction and your personal recommendations on how to solve the issue as your conclusion