read the decision at the link below and then answer the question that follow.
Here’s a link to a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision in MAHANOY AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT v. B. L., A MINOR, BY AND THROUGH HER FATHER, LEVY, ET AL:
https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/20pdf/20-255_g3bi.pdf (Links to an external site.)
Read the opinion and then answer the questions below.
1. Which justice wrote the opinion of the Court? Who joined him/her?
The case is subtitled CERTIORARI TO THE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE THIRD CIRCUIT.
2)What is the meaning of “certiorari”?
3) Which states make up the “Third” circuit”?
4) Using your own words and in four or fewer sentences, give a summary of the underlying facts of this case. Include a description of the plaintiff, the defendant and the legal issue before the court.
5) On page 3 of the majority decision the court cites Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School Dist., 393 U. S. 503 (1969). In your own words and in four or fewer sentences, give a brief summary of the facts in this case. Include who won.
6) explain why you believe that the court majority referenced the Tinker case.
For this question focus on page 7 of the majority opinion. The majority includes three circumstances that suggest the school district should not be able to regulate student speech .
7.List the three reasons.
8. Do you agree with the reasoning? Explain
9. The majority writes the following on page 8: “And while B. L. used vulgarity, her speech was not obscene as this Court has understood that term.” In your own words, explain what the court means here.
10.Was there a dissenting opinion in this case? If so, who wrote it?
11. What is a concurring opinion? Was there one here?
12. In your own words, summarize the position taken by the dissenting justice.
13. Do you agree with the majority opinion or the dissenting opinion? Explain
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.