Here is the Prompt:
Every course has Student Learning Outcomes, which identify the skills that a student should have upon successful completion of the course.
(I will be attaching the coursework that is going to be used as evidence when you ask for it from me)
The Student Learning Outcomes for this class are as follows:
- Utilize the writing process, including pre-writing, writing, revision and proofreading to produce complex, high-quality work.
- Evaluate the validity and soundness of arguments and the evidence within them.
- Synthesize the ideas of two or more writers create a broader understanding of an issue on topic.
- Utilize critical reading strategies so as to successfully pull meaning from complex texts and texts structured in non-academic formats.
Where have you experienced the most growth? Identify which Student Learning Outcome best corresponds to a strength you have developed in this class. Support your selection by including and discussing evidence/examples from your own coursework that demonstrate your growth over the semester. Lastly, discuss why this skill is significant to your future coursework, to your prospective career, and/or to you personally.
- This assignment should take the form of an essay. In other words, you should have all of the components of an essay: an introduction, thesis statement, body, conclusion. Your audience is me 🙂
- Support your main argument with examples from class materials, your own coursework during the semester; and/or your own experiences.
- Discuss the larger significance or value of the skill you identify.
- Your written response should be between 500-1000 words total (2-4 pages), and should be well-organized, developed, follow MLA style, and edited for clarity