This should be done on COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY
I have written in bold what should be added for that specific section.
You will write an APA-style review paper dedicated to the area of specialization in psychology that is most relevant to the occupation you would like to eventually enter (e.g., industrial/organizational psychology if you want to become a human resources director, counseling if you wish to become a school counselor, and developmental psychology if you would like to own and operate a daycare center). The body of this paper—not including the title page and reference section—will be at least 10 pages long, and will be organized into the following sections:
1. Title Page. A title page that includes the title of your paper, your name, and your institutional affiliation (5 points).
2. Discussion: A discussion of the following:
- The history of this area of specialization, including its relationship to other areas of psychology and/or other academic disciplines (10 points)
- Two of this area’s psychological theories that are relevant to the work (5 points) (This should be done on the Hierarchy of Needs & Attachment Theory)
- Two of the research methods that researchers in this area of specialization commonly use to gather data and test hypotheses (5 points) Case study & Observational study
- A description of two empirical studies from the professional literature of this area and an explanation how the results of each study can, or have been, used to promote human welfare. The studies must come from a peer-reviewed journal. (10 points)
- A specific occupation in this area of specialization that you plan to eventually enter. Include an accurate description of this occupation, the tasks a person in this occupation is required to perform; and a list of the specific types of knowledge, skills, and characteristics (i.e., work styles) a person needs in order to be successful in this occupation. The information for this section must be gathered from O*NET (http://online.onetcenter.org/) or a similarly credible source that has been approved by the instructor. (5 points)
- An explanation of how you have used specific curricular (e.g., classes) and extracurricular (e.g., internships) opportunities during your undergraduate education to accomplish the knowledge, skills, and characteristics you identified in the previous section. Understanding this discussion addresses your personal experiences, it is appropriate to use first person (I, my, me). (10 points)
3. References: A reference section containing at least five scholarly references. (Do not use generic dictionaries/encyclopedias. Use only websites ending in .edu, .org, or .gov.) Textbooks should not be used as part of the required sources. (5 points)
Formatting: Structure your paper utilizing APA style (7th Edition); this includes title page, headings, in-text citations, reference page, and general paper format (1-inch margins, double-spaced, appropriately sized sans serif or serif fonts – e.g., 12 Times Roman). An abstract is not required.