SWK 4471 Troy University Army Veterans Support Group Brochure
Paper – Group Proposal
Flyer/Brochure – Group Advertisement
Presentation of Flyer/Brochure (5 minute video)
Group Proposal – SWK 4471
A group proposal based on guiding information from the textbook is required. The following guidelines are provided:
- A proposed group name.
- Explanation of type of group being proposed (task group, psychoeducational, counseling, psychotherapy, etc.).
- Rationale for why the group is being created.
- Practical Considerations
- Specific group or population that the group intends to serve. Will the group be voluntary or involuntary?
- How will group members be recruited to participate in proposed group.
- Potential ethical and legal issues and how they will be addressed.
- Theoretical Orientation
- What theory or theories will be used to guide the group and why?
- Purpose, Goals, and Objectives
- What is the purpose of the group?
- What are the goals of the group?
- What objectives will be used to meet the group goals?
- Brief Overview
- What topics or content will be covered in the group?
- How will the group be evaluated to determine if goals and objectives were met?
- How is it measurable?
- 4-5 page in length, plus a title page and reference page (6-7 total pages).
- Paper should follow APA 7th edition mechanics and be in paragraph form.
- 12 point font using Time New Roman; 1″ margins, doubled spaced
- Four sources, in addition to your textbook, (five total) must be used. Wikipedia may not be used as a source. Sources must be scholarly and be published within the last 10 years.
- All sources must be properly listed and identified in a reference page and in alphabetical order according to APA format
- You must cite your sources (author’s last name and year) throughout your paper (in-text citations) or you will risk a failing grade on your paper.
- Proper grammar and spelling is required.
- No “I” statements in your paper; must have headers for each numbered section (1-6)
- Paper must be submitted in Canvas.