Infectious/communicable diseases essay
<> Infectious/communicable diseases essay
Please choose one infectious disease or communicable disease and present a 1,000 words essay including the follow;
- Name of the disease including agents that cause Infectious/Communicable Disease, the mode of contamination or how it is spread.
- The modes of prevention applying the three levels of prevention with at least one example of each one.
- Prevalence and control of the condition according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) including morbidity and mortality.
- Implications of the disease in the community and the role of the community health nurse in the control and prevention of the disease.
The essay must be presented in a Word Document, APA format, Arial 12 font. A minimum of 3 references no older than 5 years must be used. If you use any reference from any website make sure they are reliable sites such as CDC, NIH, Institute of Medicine, etc.
Below please see the definitions of infectious disease and communicable disease. They are similar but differ in some characteristics.
- Infectious diseases are disorders caused by organisms — such as bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites. Many organisms live in and on our bodies. They’re normally harmless or even helpful. But under certain conditions, some organisms may cause disease. Some infectious diseases can be passed from person to person.
- Communicable, or infectious diseases, are caused by microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi that can be spread, directly or indirectly, from one person to another. Some are transmitted through bites from insects while others are caused by ingesting contaminated food or water.
This assignment will be submitted through turnitin.com and will be closely monitored for plagiarism.