Ethics Short Paper
Ethics short paper:
Before completing this assignment, please review the attached document, Expectations for Short PapersPreview the document. It is important that you understand the expectations that are required when completing the short papers for this course. Additionally, this document provides further in-depth instructions.
For this paper, we will be analyzing ethics. Please follow the below outline.
This paper must be at least 5 pages of content (not including the cover page or reference page), and completed in APA format (6th edition). Aside from utilizing the text as a source, you are required to use at least 2 additional scholarly resources. Check out the library online database to find scholarly articles. Please provide paper in Word document format.
Your paper must include the following:
Introduction (1 to 2 paragraphs maximum)
Purpose Statement (2 to 3 sentences)
Analysis (3.5 to 4 pages maximum)
NOTE: each section below must be thoroughly examined. While the content can connect, please do not combine sections.
1) What purpose does an ethical climate serve, and why is it important to an organization?
2) How do biases impact our moral decision making? (Pick 2 biases). Please note: The biases that are required for this paper, are located in the Values, Ethics, and Character Chapter, and they are: implicit prejudice, in-group favoritism, over claiming credit, and conflicts of interest).
3) Provide an example of an ethical issue. The issue should be one of sufficient size to allow for an in-depth analysis; for example, similar in size to the Volkswagen Scandal in the Sample Ethics Paper. Why is this issue unethical? What behaviors are occurring that are unethical?
4) How could the ethical issue have been avoided? In other words, what are some of the leadership actions that should have been implemented to establish an ethical climate? (Note: think about the 5 components that help leaders “create and sustain an ethical climate,” that we examined in the Week 2 discussion post. Just pick 1, from the list of 5 on p. 198 of the hard copy book. In order to avoid any confusion, those are: formal ethics policies and procedures, core ideology, integrity, structural reinforcement, and process focus).
5) Conclusion (1 to 2 paragraphs maximum)