Discussion 1 300 words
Scenario: The family of a 62-year-old white female call your office and ask if you can see their family member. The person being requested to be seen is known to you for the last twenty years.
- She is your former supervisor and a fellow FNP.
- The family reports your colleague is demonstrating signs of dementia.
- They note that she has not been eating much for the past few weeks reporting she has a gnawing pain in her stomach. If she does eat she reports getting ‘full’ very quickly. She reports feeling mildly nauseous for the last few weeks.
- Your friend sustained a fall injury about 9 months ago from a ladder. She shattered some teeth and developed an infection. She is under the care of an oral surgeon.
- You have seen a few of her patients in your practice over the last couple weeks because ‘she is never in her office or available’ over the last few weeks.
- You reflect on your last few conversations with your colleague and think to yourself that you also thought she seemed ‘off her game’.
- You recommend her family take her to Urgent Care and you convince your colleague this is in her best interest.
- Labs drawn at Urgent Care reveal a Hgb of 8 and HCT of 24.
Please develop a discussion that responds to each of the following prompts. Where appropriate your discussion needs to be supported by scholarly resources. Be sure to include in-text citations in the context of the discussion and provide a full reference citation at the end of the discussion.
Utilize the information provided in the scenario to create your discussion post.
Construct your response as an abbreviated SOAP note (Subjective Objective Assessme
Structure your ‘P’ in the following format: [NOTE: if any of the 3 categories is not applicable to your plan please use the ‘heading’ and after the ‘:’ input N/A]
Therapeutics: pharmacologic interventions, if any – new or revisions to existing; include considerations for OTC agents (pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic/alternative)
Educational: health information clients need to address their presenting problem(s); health information in support of any of the ‘therapeutics’ identified above; information about follow-up care where appropriate; provision of anticipatory guidance and counseling during the context of the office visit
Consultation/Collaboration: if appropriate – collaborative ‘Advanced Care Planning’ with the patient/patient’s care giver; if appropriate -placing the patient in a Transitional Care Model for appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic care; if appropriate – consult with or referral to another provider while the patient is still in the office; Identification of any future referral you would consider making
Support the interventions outlined in your ‘P’ with scholarly resources.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
The post and responses are valued at 40 points. Please review post and response expectations. Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets criteria.