develop a 3-5 page proposal for an intervention and implementation plan
Use a provided template to develop a 3-5 page proposal for an intervention and implementation plan related to the health problem you defined in the first assessment. SEE ATTACHMENT #1 FOR REFERENCE TO COMPLETE THIS
For this assessment, you will be designing and planning the implementation for the intervention to improve the health problem you defined in the first assessment. You will also examine implications of interprofessional collaboration, technology, and organizational and governmental policies for your intervention and implementation plans.
Your intervention and implementation plan should be carried out in an interprofessional context, aligned to your topic, and based on the work you did in the first assessment. You should find collaborators as soon as possible so you can solicit their feedback about intervention and implementation plans to inform your approach.
Having identified a health problem relevant to your current or future nursing practice and reviewed the literature to support nursing standards, decision making, and improvement strategies, you should now plan an intervention to address the chosen health problem based on the research you conducted.
Construct a plausible plan that leverages the best practices and research collected to date as well as additional research into similar projects that you find in the literature. Be sure to frame your plan within the context of the health care setting in which you are completing your practicum hours. Incorporate relevant site-specific processes and policies into your implementation plan.
Use the Plan Proposal Template [DOC] to complete this assessment. SEE ATTACHMENT #2
As you develop your plan, be sure to address the following:
- Collaboration and communication with patients and colleagues to improve health outcomes.
- Governmental or organizational policies that could affect the plan.
- Quality and safety improvement strategies.
- Technology at the site that could be leveraged.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 3: Transform processes to improve quality, enhance patient safety, and reduce the cost of care.
- Propose a plan, referencing relevant existing and newly created processes, to implement an intervention to improve quality and safety, and reduce costs within the context of a chosen health problem.
- Competency 4: Apply health information and patient care technology to improve patient and systems outcomes.
- Analyze technology within a chosen health care practice context to support a proposed plan.
- Competency 5: Analyze the impact of health policy on quality and cost of care.
- Explain the ways in which governmental or organizational policies could impact the proposed plan.
- Competency 6: Collaborate interprofessionally to improve patient and population outcomes.
- Explain strategies for communicating and collaborating with patients and interprofessional teams to improve health outcomes.
- Competency 8: Integrate professional standards and values into practice.
- Communicate professionally in clear, logically organized writing, using correct grammar, spelling, and APA style.