Theology – Week #03 Discussion
Week #03 Discussion Topic – Biblical Interpretation, Part I
• Each student is required to respond to the question(s) posted for the week in less than 12 hours. To receive full credit for this part of the assignment,
• Posting must be at least two paragraphs in length (4-6 sentences per paragraph), cited with references from the Online Lecture and Reading Material.
• If I respond to your postings, you will have 12 hours to respond to what I have asked you to do. Full credit will be given for those who provide a thorough response to the question I pose (if any).
• Postings MUST be based exclusively from Online Lecture and Reading Material provided in this course and NOT from other outside sources. Plagiarism is not acceptable in any form and a score of zero will be given on the paper, as the paper will be checked by Turnitin Website for plagiarism.
• You have to read and understand the Online Lecture and the assigned reading materials that mentioned below. Then response to the Week Discussion Topic, by writing a response to the questions giving below.
• Also, you need to answer completely the attached file named “Week #03 ACTIVITY – Biblical Interpretation II-1“
Here is this Week’s Discussion Topic:
First, a little education…
The manner in which Sunday readings are chosen for Mass are done in the following Manner:
There are THREE cycles of readings that rotate every three years in the liturgical life of the Church: Cycles A, B & C. Rotating every first Sunday of Advent (which takes place on the Sunday nearest to or falling on November 30th), each cycle of readings is associated, in general, with a specific gospel:
Cycle A – The Gospel of Matthew Cycle
B – The Gospel of Mark Cycle
C – The Gospel of Luke
(The Gospel of John is read in the Easter Season every year, for six weeks in Cycle B (Mark is a short gospel) and at various celebrations throughout the year.)
The first reading at Sunday Mass generally comes from the Old Testament (except in Easter and on other rare instances). Here is the key: The message conveyed in the Sunday Old Testament reading (aka The First Reading at Sunday Mass) is connected thematically to the gospel reading (The Last Reading at Sunday Mass).
For your discussion this week, I am assigning a set of readings to each of you for this liturgical year. I want you to read the first reading/gospel assigned to you, explain the theme that connects the two readings and then tell us how you would apply that message in your life or in the life of the community in an appropriate way (always being respectful to the teachings of the Church). Feel free to utilize whatever commentaries you can find online or in the suggested reading section of this course (there are even homilies online which you can reference). Here is a good place to start:
Specifically… http://www.clerus.org/bibliaclerusonline/en/index…. (Search a Biblical text and its commentary)
This allows you to locate specific references to Sacred Scripture made by Doctors of the Church and the Magisterium.
Note: Make sure you begin your post by telling us what readings you are covering [cite the Old Testament & Gospel Book, Chapter(s) and Verses]. Please DO NOT post the entire set of texts.
Here are the assignments for the readings (click on your link to access the readings):
Dana Ackerson: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/011920.cfm
Gio Alvarado: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/012620.cfm
Mason DeLong: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/020920.cfm
Kacper Dudzinski: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/021620.cfm
Paige Egan: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/022320.cfm
Kailynn Fielding: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/062120.cfm
Alexander Kromkowski: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/062820.cfm
Leon Laskowski: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/070520.cfm
Shelby Leonardo: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/071220.cfm
Hannah McLaughlin: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/071920.cfm
Melissa Meline: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/072620.cfm
Manny Mireles: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/080220.cfm
Lidia Montoya: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/080920.cfm
Abdulghani Omayrah: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/081620.cfm
Stephanie Quilty: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/082320.cfm
Abby Ragsdale: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/083020.cfm
Jessica Schram: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/090620.cfm
Camilla Skalak: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/091320.cfm
Taylor Tragos: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/092020.cfm
Joshua Williams: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/092720.cfm
Xiejiao Zhang: http://usccb.org/bible/readings/100420.cfm
Please do the first part of this work, which is respond to the question(s) posted for the week in less than 12 hours.