STU Realistic Clinical Case Study Nursing Question
Presentation: Realistic Clinical Case Study
For this assignment, you will develop a presentation on a realistic clinical case on a topic that is of interest to you. And then, use Canvas Studio’s Screen Capture feature to record (voice-over) your presentation. Develop your presentation based on a clinical case that was seen during your experience or a topic that is of interest to you.
How do I record a Canvas Studio video with a webcam in a course? (Links to an external site.)
You will create a PowerPoint presentation with a realistic case study and include appropriate and pertinent clinical information that will be covering the following:
- Subjective data: Demographics; Chief Complaint; History of the Present Illness (HPI) that includes the presenting problem and the 8 dimensions of the problem; Medications; Allergies; Past medical history; Family history; Past surgical history; Social history; Review of Systems (ROS)
- Objective data: Vital signs; Physical exam, Labs (reviewed from the patient’s medical records, if no lab/diagnostic tests were done recently to review, you must indicate that to receive credit).
- Assessment: Differential diagnosis; Primary Diagnosis
- Plan: Laboratory and diagnostic tests; Pharmacologic treatment plan; Non-pharmacologic treatment plan; Anticipatory guidance (primary prevention strategies); Follow up plan.
- Other: Incorporation of current clinical guidelines; Integration of research articles; Role of the Nurse practitioner
- The presentation is original work and logically organized, formatted, and cited in the current APA style, including citation of references.
- The presentation should consist of 10-15 slides and less than 5 minutes in length.
- Incorporate a minimum of 4 current (published within the last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work. Journal articles and books should be referenced according to APA style (the library has a copy of the APA Manual).
- Complete and submit the assignment by 11:59 PM ET Sunday