In this week’s assignment you work through the planning and implementation stages of the project. This will require you to determine goals, resources needed, and consider change management.
1. Define an improvement goal: Improvement Goal: To improve Emergency Department productivity and operation by eliminating waste such as ED wait time, excessive diagnostic testing, and inappropriate patient triage in order to improve patient care and decrease mortality
2. Explain how you would measure the change by providing a detail explanation on how the success of the improvement goal will be measured.
3. Recommend strategies to measure the success of the improvement goal in a creative and unique way.
4. Create a project plan by evaluating in detail all of the supplies, equipment, and people needed for project plan. Considered:
- Resources needed
- Supplies and equipment
- Time-frame for implementation
- Data collection mechanisms
- Change and leadership theories to ensure success
5. Detail how all of the identified resources will be used to ensure the success of the project plan in a creative and unique manner.
6. Recommend an outcomes-based solution that is measurable (including the exact measurement and data collection tools to be utilized), incorporate implementation strategies and a timeline for the project implementation from a creative and unique manner.
7. Identify, evaluate, and recommend both a change theory and a leadership theory to be use in mobilizing the proposed project plan.
8. Cite a minimum of 3 scholarly/peer reviewed articles/sources
9. Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 18- to 20-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes in APA format (total slide count does not include the title and reference slide)
- 875 to 1000 -word paper in APA format (title and reference page not included in word count)