PJM6000 Stakeholder Analysis and Register
For this assignment, you will be using the case study introduced in Week Two, and the Stakeholder Analysis Overview attachment above to prepare a stakeholder analysis and a stakeholder register. A specific template with instructions in each column have been provided for the stakeholder analysis. In addition, you will be submitting a one page overview of the process that you will use as project managers to identify stakeholders based upon the readings and lecture material.
For this assignment, you will be drafting a project stakeholder analysis and a stakeholder register.A stakeholder register template is provided for you, and you will find some examples of how to conduct a stakeholder analysis in your reading and in the instructor perspective folder.
Using real world examples of projects, demonstrate an ability to manage critical components of the Initiating process group by:
a. Reviewing the business case, project charter, and understanding its linkage to the stakeholders
b. Preparing a stakeholder analysis and stakeholder register
c. Assessing what roles stakeholders play and how their influence impacts projects
- At this point, we are performing a comprehensive stakeholder analysis to identify key constituencies, so remember that there will be many other stakeholders in a project such as this in addition to those mentioned in the case study. For this analysis, focus on those specifically mentioned or directly implied in the case study, and also consider other stakeholders that may not be listed. You can research common stakeholder groups and add additional categories based upon your readings or additional sources that should be cited according to AP. You will have to make some reasonable assumptions to complete the analysis and register, but this is often the case this early in a project.
- Ensure you complete each column of the stakeholder register template fully for each stakeholder that you identify.
- Please include a one page written introduction that outlines the process you utilized to identify all stakeholders and why you selected those approaches.
- Ensure that the stakeholder register is properly formatted and that there are no text wrap issues, spelling issues, or grammatical gaps.
- Remove the verbiage that is already contained in the template prior to submitting.
- Cite all sources properly per APA guidelines.