Personal Ethics Assessment
Virtually everyone acquires an ethical or moral code that influences or drives social interactions, professional decisions, and even economic decisions. In this assignment, drawing on your own experiences, describe and assess your personal ethical code, as applied in your relationship to a workplace, academic environment, and social interaction. Describe the ethical origins of your own ethical standards, providing a definition for ethical standards.
For this assignment, complete the following:
- Discuss your personal ethics and the origins of those ethics.
- Conduct a personal inventory of your ethics.
- Discuss the definition of ethical and moral standards.
- Discuss, in your own words, what you believe is meant by ethical and moral standards (before we even look at them in the context of the human services field).
- Describe your understanding of personal ethics, as applied to the professional and academic environment and in social interactions.
- In your current professional life, is there a conflict between your personal and workplace ethics? Explain the differences and similarities.
- In your academic life, describe your personal ethics in relation to definitions in scholarly source material that are not expressed in your own words.
- Do your personal ethics permit you to socialize with people of different religions and different cultures? Explain why or why not.
Review the Personal Ethics Assessment Scoring Guide to verify you have addressed all the assignment requirements.
- Structure: Submit a cover page stating your name, course title and number, and the date.
- Length: Your essay must be at least 1,000 words long.
- References: Use a minimum of 4 references and citations, where appropriate.
- Written communication: Communicate information in a concise, balanced, and logically organized written manner, using appropriate grammar, punctuation, and syntax, as expected of graduate-level composition. Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Use proper APA format for headings. In-text citations and references at the end of the paper must be in proper APA (current edition) style and formatting.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.