Identify two unmet needs or problems faced by families
Throughout this course, you have learned about the different types of community programs. Many of the programs you have discussed started with an initial needs assessment. A needs assessment helps programs identify the problems faced by a community and then guides in the development of programming and interventions. As a human services professional, it is important to understand the importance of accurately assessing a client’s needs and then determining which interventions are critical to long-term success.
For this Assignment, please respond to the following:
- Identify two unmet needs or problems faced by families.
- Provide a brief summary of each need or problem (e.g., demographic information, frequency of occurrence, and so on).
- Using the two unmet needs or problems identified above, create one long-term and two short-term goals that you could implement with a family to assist with meeting their needs or solving their problems.
- Briefly discuss the specific changes you expect by implementing these goals.
- Based on your responses to the questions above, identify two interventions that could be implemented to assist a family with meeting their goals.
- Briefly discuss why you selected each intervention and explain how it can lead to long-term success of a family.
Your Assignment should be a 3- to 4-page expository essay (not including the title and reference pages) and should include the following elements:
- Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and section number, and date
- Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs.
- Your responses should reflect professional writing standards using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct, accurate, and reflect knowledge of developing and delivering family services.