business analysis ( task 6)
As a Business Analyst, requirements analysis and design are part of our everyday life. So what does that mean?
Now it’s time to do a strategic analysis on your own project.
- Your personal project can have any kind of future that you want it to be. Based on the previous changes from the elicitation process, do a strategic analysis on your own personal project.
- Assess the current state
- Define what you believe is the future
- Assess any risks
- Provide the gap between the AS-IS and TO-BE states
- Read Chapter 7 (Requirements Analysis and Design Definition) of the IIBA Book.
- Read the paper –“GUIDELINES FOR VERIFYING AND VALIDATING SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS AND DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS”.
- Read the article – The Six Blind Men and the Requirements.
- Go to Lynda.com and watch Validating Requirements and Managing Requirements from the Developing Project Requirements course.
- Go to Lynda.com and watch Validating and Controlling Your Requirements During Project Execution of the Business Analysis Fundamentals course.
- Watch the video Requirement Analysis.
- Watch the video Requirements Management Best Practices.
- Pick a social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, Instagram, etc.) to research and be prepared to discuss how requirement analysis and design affect your chosen social media daily.
- Watch the movie “Up in the Air” starring George Clooney. Pay close attention to the role of Natalie as a Business Analyst. As you are watching the movie, jot down your answers to the following questions:
- In your opinion, is she a good or bad Business Analyst?
- What types of business analysis tasks does she do to warrant us looking at her as a Business Analyst?
- What requirements is she gathering?
- How does she verify and validate these requirements?
- What is her recommended solutions?
- Do you agree with her solutions? If not, what would you have done differently?
- There are multiple free sites to choose from:
- Watch option 1
- Watch option 2
- Watch option 3
For your task, submit the deliverable for your personal project. Include the following:
- Analyze the current state in regards to the requirements you analyzed for the change request to your project as of today.
- Define what the future state will be based on the business needs, goals and objectives of the project.
- Assess any risks and recommend any actions to alleviate those risks if needed.
- Describe the current gap between the current and future state and how the project will achieve the future state.