unit 7 art
1 unread reply.
Discussion 7: Environmental Analysis (Architecture)
Daniel Libeskind, architect, Jewish Museum Berlin (Jüdisches Museum Berlin), 2001. Berlin. 161,000 square feet (15,000 square meters). Concrete, steel, with zinc cladding.
Please report on one work of architecture from one of these selected architects: Antoni Gaudi, Le Corbusier, Eileen Gray, Carlo Scarpa, Alvar Aalto, Daniel Libeskind, Peter Eisenman, Peter Zumthor, Arata Isozaki, Shigeru Ban, Alejandro Aravena, Carme Pigem Barceló or Tadao Ando. Your report should be at least 400 words, and should include these numbered sections:
1. Image: Post an image or link to your chosen work, with the MLA citation and URL to the source.
2. Material Data: Name the artist/designer (if known), date(s), current location or museum, materials used and size. Note its use(s) and any special production techniques utilized.
3. Formal Analysis: Describe your chosen work using at least four (4) of these categories: Line, Shape and Form, Space, Texture, Value and Light, Color, and Implied Movement (Time), Repetition, Variety, Rhythm, Balance, Compositional Unity, Emphasis, Economy, and/or Proportion.
4. [NEW] Environmental Analysis: This section will require research beyond your readings. Report on how this building relates to the “natural place” of its site. Consider its relation to the topography, weather, seasons, and site conditions with respect to its chosen materials, landscaping, circulation, doors/windows, and transitional spaces, structure, orientation to light, etc. Make sure to look at images of the same work from different angles, and from the inside. As well, you encouraged to look at the original plans, sketches and drawings by the architect. YouTube videos often exist of people walking through famous buildings.
On this method see:
Alasdair Cochrane, “Environmental Ethics”, IEP:
http://www.iep.utm.edu/envi-eth/ (Links to an external site.)
Gregory Caicco, ed., Architecture, Ethics, and the Personhood of Place, UPNE, 2007. https://www.upne.com/1584656530.html (Links to an external site.)
5. Personal Reflections: Why did you choose this work? What are its least and most attractive aspects to you?
6. MLA citations to your research sources.
Post this initial post by Thursday night. Afterwards, please post at least two substantial replies to other students (and/or the professor), on separate days, before the end of the instructional week (Sunday night). In your replies to one another, try to go deeper into the work presented, comparing and contrasting it with what you presented. Share new research or knowledge. End by asking a critical question of the other student (not a yes/no question but a how/why type question) on what they presented. Return later in the week to continue the discussion and go further with the conversation.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.