Submission Guidelines All students are encouraged to use their own words. This assignment is individual assignment. Be very specific and focused on the issue while answering a question. Student must apply Saudi Electronic University academic writi
Knowledge Management (MGT-403)
Second Semester (2019-2020)
This Assignment consists of 3 essay questions.
Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Course Learning Outcomes-Covered
Demonstrate understanding of overall knowledge management concepts, goals and strategies within the context of organization
Explain issues pertaining to work with tacit knowledge & support its sharing
Explain processes of knowledge management in companies
- All students are encouraged to use their own words.
- This assignment is individual assignment.
- Be very specific and focused on the issue while answering a question.
- Student must apply Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines and review at least three (3) scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles to support their answer for each question.
- A mark of zero will be given for any submission that includes copying from other resource without referencing it.
- No marks will be given for irrelevant details.
- It is strongly encouraged that you should submit all assignments into the safe assignment Originality Check prior to submitting it to your instructor for grading.
- If the assignment shows more than 25% plagiarism, the students would be graded zero.
Explain the concept of knowledge management. Provide an overview of the history of knowledge management. (300-400 words)
Compare and contrast major knowledge management life cycle models, including the Meyer and Zack KM Cycle, Bukowitz and Wiliams KM cycle, McElroy KM Cycle and Wiig KM Cycle.
- How is tacit knowledge different from explicit knowledge? Why is it difficult to directly codify tacit knowledge?
- Explain the following tacit knowledge capturing techniques in detail:
- Learning history