LW management discussions
A small but fast-growing company has called you in as a consultant to help with their IT infrastructure. When they first started they put their business data in the cloud and changed their business processes to fit their SaaS. Now, they want to know if they should customize their SaaS to fit their business processes, or keep changing their business processes to fit their SaaS.
- Propose a set of 3-5 initial questions you would ask them to help you prepare your recommendation. Be sure to explain why you are asking each question.
- Identify an IT system development failure that occurred within the last 2 years. Do not repeat an example from earlier in the course or one that has been posted by another student.
- In your initial post this week, analyze which project management concepts were not respected by the project managers and where in the SDLC these lapses occurred.
- Describe how you might have spoken up had you been on the steering committee.
“IT Ethics and Responsible Conduct” Please respond to the following:
Recently, a US Circuit Court upheld the enforceability of Website Terms of Service (ToS), even though the user did not have to click-through to agree.
- Identify one positive and one negative implication of this finding.
- What terms do you believe are ethically appropriate for such agreements? Explain your position.
“Course Conclusion” Please respond to the following:
You have just completed 10 weeks of a CIS (info system decision making) course. Imagine you have been asked to create five 1-hour modules highlighting the most important topics you have learned in this course.
- List the topics for each of your five 1-hour modules.
- Give a detailed rationale as to why you chose each of the topics for your five 1-hour modules.
- Explain what order you would place the modules in, and why.