LAVC Child Development Psychology Discussion
Observation Special Education Program (50 points) (3 to 4 pages long)
This assignment requires to observe a special education classroom. Due to COVID 19 restrictions to observe classrooms, the observation will be done via some videos posted below.
Observe the classroom videos below and answer the questions below the videos ( at the very end)
Watch the 6 classroom videos posted above. Answer the following 7 questions: Please copy and paste the following questions on your word document. Follow a question and answer format.
- Gross Motor development: 1) How do the children move around the classroom? (wheelchairs, crutches..) Provide one example from each of the videos.
- Fine motor skills: 1) How do the children use their fine motor skills? Provide one example from each of the videos.
- Cognitive skills 1) What did you see the children learning ( concepts, skills)? Provide one example from each of the videos.
- Language: Expressive skills: 1) What did you see the children communicating (verbally or nonverbally) Provide one example from each of the videos (How do the children express their wants and needs? (expressive language) Provide one example 2) Language Receptive skills: Provide one example from each of the videos.
- Social/Emotional skills : 1) How and when does the adult initiate interactions with the children? Provide one example from each of the videos. 2) Describe the interactions among children. One example from each of the videos.
- Environment: Describe any special adaptive equipment observed in the classroom or any accommodations that were implemented during your observation. One example for each of the videos.
- Share your personal impression about each of the videos (What did you learn, or what was your reaction to them)
Make sure to number the videos with each of your examples for each of the questions listed above.