Information Design Project
For this project, you will select a data set from the ones listed below and create a short informational report that includes at least three data visualizations that you create and that you feel best communicates the data you select from your data set in a form that maximizes the impact of the data to suit a specific audience and purpose.
To create your visualizations and informational report, select one of the following data sets:
Ill attach the data set i choose.
Once you have selected a data set, spend some time with the data. Identify the trends that jump out at you as most significant. As you identify your audience, think about who would want to know about the data and the point you’d like to make. You will not be able to visualize or discuss all the data in your data set. Your job is to select and visualize the data that is most relevant to your audience and the point you are making.
Document 1: Visual, Informational Report
A one-page, informative, visually interesting report that makes a point about your subject using the data in your data set. This report should incorporate at three visuals that you have created along with a discussion/analysis of the data in your figures. The text in your report should
- introduce the topic and its importance
- explain the meaning of the visuals
- point to the conclusions suggested by the data.
You should think through and identify a clear audience. Your understanding of the audience informs how the data is presented, the form the visualizations take, and the point you use the data to make, as well as the overall purpose of the document.
Document 2: Reflective Analysis
A short 250- to 500-word note that explains the following (use headings to identify each of the topics listed below):
- How and why you selected your data set
- How you selected which data to visualize and why you visualized it in the form you did
- Who was your target audience and what was your overall goal/purpose
- How you ensured that your visualizations of the data were fair, accurate, and clear
- The raw data set used to create the report (with a citation for the data)