In this assignment you will write 250-300 words for each category about yourself in terms of race/ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, ability, gender identity, and one other category of your choice.
By studying one’s relationship to categories of typical identity in U.S. society, we gain an appreciation about ourselves as individuals and our many similarities and differences in a manner that helps us build cultural competency. In this assignment you will write 250-300 words for each category about yourself in terms of race/ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, ability, gender identity, and one other category of your choice. You will be given the chance to reflect on your own experiences, both academically and personally, in terms of your social context, your family background, and other factors determined by your own circumstances and upbringing and rank them according to personal importance and your research interest.
Organize your paper into sections with headings.
2. Length is not the most significant factor for evaluating your paper. A short and well-written paper is far better than a lengthier one which full of wanders and repetition
3. Please use the class reading materials to make your argument. You are welcome to use other readings if you think that would be helpful to make your argument.
4. Quote articles by author(s) and year inside your text. If there is a lone author, the last name and year of the publication – e.g. (Giddens, 2014). If there are two authors,
contain both names and the year of the publication – e.g. (Giddens and Hall, 1997). For
more than two authors, use the first author with et al. – e.g. (Conchas et al., 2015).
5. Include the list of works cited at the end of your paper.
6. Please double-space all your paragraphs. That way it is much easier for me to interpret your work.
– I am Middle Eastern, Female, Christian, Heterosexual, Middle Class, Able, Female, and the other topic can be my political view which is liberal. You may include ideas such as moving from Iraq to the United States at a young age, dealing with sexism in a conservative family, being stereotyped as an Arab. You may also come up with any other situations you would like.