Human Resource Management Final Assignment
There are 10 questions – Each question has a statement. Your task is to write two responses…one to agree with the statement and another to disagree with the statement. It’s not “pick one or the other”. You have to make a separate argument for each side. One paragraph why you would agree, and one paragraph why you would disagree.
Please note: YOU HAVE TO MAKE A CASE FOR BOTH STANCES REGARDLESS OF YOUR PERSONAL OPINION. Also include citations when appropriate.
Please differentiate your two responses in separate paragraphs. One paragraph begins with “I agree…” and the other with “I disagree…”
- Given that the white male is becoming a “minority” in the workplace, they should be afforded affirmative action protection
- Flexible benefits programs are employer inducements to reduce benefits costs. The average employee has neither the ability nor information to make such important choices. Employees should suspect such programs.
- An organization should follow a promote-from-within policy.
- Training organizational members how to be coaches and how to empower employees should be a major HRM activity in the next decade.
1. Globalization has led us to the realization that workers a
interchangeable between countries so long as language issues are
- Proper selection is a substitute for socialization.
- Job analysis is just another burden placed on organizations through EEO legislation.
1. Employees should not be permitted to see their personnel files.
Allowing them to review the file constrains realistic observations by
managers. Accordingly, as long as the information is not used against an
employee, these files should be off limits.
1. Investments in career development do not provide an organization a
viable return on its investment. It simply raises employees’
expectations, and then, if not fulfilled, cause employees leave.
Accordingly, the organization has trained employees for its competitors.
- All that is required for successful labor-management relations is common sense, sound business judgment, and good listening skills.
Please provide original work. No plagiarizing.