explore the types of treatment available for one mental disorder or issue and then write a report.
In this assignment, you will explore the types of treatment available for one mental disorder or issue and then write a report.
- Describe psychological disorders and abnormal behavior and how they are classified.
- Identify the five perspectives that psychologists use to explain psychological disorders.
- Explain anxiety disorders, depressive and bipolar disorders, somatic symptom, dissociative, sexual, and personality disorders, childhood disorders and their causes.
- Explain schizophrenia and its positive and negative symptoms.
- Compare and contrast insight, relationship, behavioral, cognitive behavior, and biomedical therapies.
Step 1: Choose a mental disorder.
From this week’s reading, choose a mental disorder or problem you want to study further. For example, you could select depression, anxiety (such as test anxiety or social anxiety), substance abuse, or another issue.
Step 2: Conduct research on treatment options.
Explore the treatment options for the disorder you chose in Step 1. It is recommended that you conduct research through our Online Library (Links to an external site.) or use a scholarly internet search. Wikipedia is not allowed.
- Types of Psychological Treatment
- What Is Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy?
- National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI)
Step 3: Report about treatment methods.
Write a 3-5 page paper to address the following points:
- Describe the treatment used and what occurs during treatment.
- Are there other treatment approaches that might also work? What are they?
- Is the treatment approach supported by research? Describe, if you can, the results of the research done on this treatment approach.
- Compare and contrast this therapy approach with at least one other therapy approach for this problem.
- The use of outside resources is strongly recommended, and all papers must be cited and written in current APA format.
- It is recommended that you conduct research through our Online Library (Links to an external site.) or use a scholarly internet search. Wikipedia is not allowed.