DISCUSSION – DUE WEDNESDAY
Discussion, “The Triple Bottom Line,” consider how the Triple Bottom Line is related to and affected by an organization’s performance. Reflect on the meaning of corporate social responsibility and how this might impact your role in promoting social change.
Prepare the following:
- Predict how the implementation of the Triple Bottom Line would affect your current or former organization’s performance. Be sure to include at least two short term consequences and at least two long term consequences of using the TBL measurement system.
- Provide an explanation of how you view the relationship between corporate profits and social responsibility.
- Describe how you (as an executive) plan to use some of the skills learned in this course to promote social change in your organization now and in the future.
ASSIGNMENT- DUE BY FRIDAY
Blueprint for Professional and Personal Growth—Your Future as a Manager, with Executive Summary of Class and Management Accounting Skills
For this Assignment, select concepts or topics that resonated with you during this course and commit to learning more about them. To bring this commitment to life, identify concrete action items that will support your goal to deepen your personal learning experience in the coming year. Then, consider the following:
- What can you do now to integrate the experiences and insights you had in this course with your personal and professional development goals?
- What are the most important things you are taking from this course that will shape your future and enable you to make a positive difference?
All components of the Assignment must be one complete document:
I. The executive summary: Write an Executive Summary of the course (2–3 paragraphs) that addresses the following questions:
- The executive summary: Write an Executive Summary of the course (2–3 paragraphs) that addresses the following questions:
- Which content and Assignments in this course improved your understanding of using accounting information to make decisions for your organization (or one with which you are familiar)?
- What impact has your improved understanding had (or you anticipate it will have) on the value you will bring to your role within an organization?
- In what ways does the content from this course affect a manager’s ability to create positive change within an organization?
- To what extent can the content from this course help you contribute to social responsibility and positive social change?
- How have the content and Assignments changed the way you will use accounting information to make management decisions?
- How have the content and Assignments shaped your goals now and how do you anticipate they will shape your goals in the future?
II. After considering what you have learned in the course, create a focused and succinct strategy for your professional or personal life that will enable you to improve profitability for an organization or improve your personal financial resources while demonstrating social responsibility. This strategy could take the form of increasing revenue or reducing expenses. As part of your strategy, be sure to include responses to the following:
- List three areas you could focus on for your strategy relative to your own organization, an organization for which you would aspire to work, or your personal life. Describe the importance of each of the focus areas chosen, including how they will enable you to demonstrate social responsibility and positive social change. Provide examples with support from the resources.
- Describe how you will measure progress toward your success.
III. Your action plan: Write a detailed action plan for one new goal for professional and personal development. (You will continue to build on the list of goals you selected in your previous course.) Include the following in your action plan:
- Describe your specific goal for professional and personal development with an explanation as to why you selected this goal. Be sure to provide concrete and specific examples of why the goal is important, the extent to which this goal enables you to be an agent for positive social change, and the personal or professional value you expect from achieving each goal, and how the goal relates to the resources reviewed in the course.
- Provide at least two objectives for the goal you have identified. Also, provide a rationale that explains how your objectives support the goal.