Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the communication architecture for professional success and a process for management writing.(Lo 1.2), (Lo 1.6)
- Identify sentence and paragraph level language needed to convey a business voice in management writing (Lo 1.3)
- Apply techniques to lead and participate in collaborative and individual management writing. (Lo 2.3)
Purpose of the Assignment-
Students will improve business writing and communication Skills.
Assignment Question(s):(Marks 5)
Advanced Step International School, Riyadh is celebrating the 25th foundation day event. in this event, the Minister of education “Dr. Hamad bin Mohammed Al-Sheikh” is coming as a chief guest.
You are working as a personnel officer at Advanced Step International School, Riyadh and The Board of school committee was giving you the responsibility for anchoring the whole event.
Now, as an Anchor, you must prepare the draft for anchoring of the 25th Foundation Day –
Q1.You must start the event with a short speech in which:
- You introduce your school, provide a short history, and academic achievement it has accomplished.
- Then you request your chief guest to come to the podium and speak to the audience.
- Your draft of short speech will not take more than 2-4 minutes of times (approximately 500 words).
- To complete this task, you can rely on your imagination of the type of school, and the type of activities the school has carried over the last year, etc… This is a hypothetical scenario to allow to you practice business communication.
- Question 1 is worth 4 marks
- Question 2 is worth 1 mark
Q2.You must conclude this event by giving a vote of thanks to the chief guests, parents, students, and other participated guests.
(your draft of short speech will not take more than 2 minutes of time.) Approx. 250 Words.