write 2 journals, one page for each
the first journal for 100A
You’ve become friends with a couple, and they’ve confided in you that they’re expecting their first child. They haven’t spent much time around children before, and they’re hoping that you can give them some advice based on your learning about development. Based on your learning so far, make three research-based recommendations to these parents who want to have a healthy first child. Detail each recommendation clearly, making in-text, APA-style references to specific pages in your reading.
You’ll need to explain much more than what’s below, but here’s a sample structure:
1. My first recommendation … This is connected to the evidence presented on page … on which … Based on this evidence, it’s in your best interest to … Here’s why:
2. My second recommendation … This is connected to the evidence presented on page … on which … Based on this evidence, it’s in your best interest to … Here’s why:
3. My third recommendation … This is connected to the evidence presented on page … on which … Based on this evidence, it’s in your best interest to … Here’s why:
the second journal for 100B
You received a frantic email from one of your relatives who has a 10-year-old girl. Here’s what the email says:
My daughter’s not even finished with elementary school, but I think she started puberty! I know you’re studying human development, so I was really hoping that you could give me some advice. How do I actually know if she’s started puberty? Isn’t 10 way too early to be developing that way?
I’m having a lot of trouble remembering how this is ‘supposed’ to go for people! I really want to be able to tell her some about how her body might change soon. Please please please let me know what to look for and how to explain this to her!!!
She’s going to a bunch of birthday parties soon and I want to make sure her friends aren’t mean to her! How do kids usually respond to this? Is she going to get bullied and have a bunch of problems?
Am I just being overprotective because she’s a girl? Do people respond to boys like this?!? I’m really overwhelmed! Please let me know what to do! Help!”
As your journal for the week, write your response to this email. You must include the following:
1. An explanation of how we’d know that someone has hit puberty with a focus on girls’ development.
2. A description of “typical” experiences of puberty for girls. Include the expected order of secondary sex characteristic development to help this parent. Give advice about explaining these changes to an adolescent girl.
3. Describe outcomes associated with early pubertal onset, letting this parent what might help in evaluating whether this is “early” pubertal onset. Explain the potential for changes in psychosocial development as a result of the onset of puberty.
4. An explanation of how people might respond to boys’ and girls’ pubertal onset similarly and differently.
5. At least four clear in-text APA-style references (one for each of 1-4 above) to our textbook or course presentations.
and here is the link to textbook, you can use chapter 5 for the first journal and chapter 14 for the second journal.